The letter from Brandon Deroche about Susan asking him to donate to the Find Elaine Park GoFundMe — [Ep. 6] — has a sentence in it that suggests there’s still more to this story. A previous contact that, for whatever reason, no one is telling us about.
On Friday, April 7th at 3:12 PM I received a blocked ID phone call from an older woman with a Korean accent who instructed me to donate on behalf of the Make Yourself Foundation directly to the Find Elaine Park GoFundMe page. This was shortly after speaking to related parties and informing them that the foundation was not able to make a donation. She insisted I could donate via the GoFundMe page, then ended the call quickly after I continued to stress that this was not a possibility.
Brandon Deroche(𝖾𝗆𝗉𝗁𝖺𝗌𝗂𝗌 𝗆𝗂𝗇𝖾)
“This was shortly after speaking to related parties and informing them that the foundation was not able to make a donation.”
When did these “related parties” speak to him? Where? Under what circumstances? Who tf are these “related parties” and why aren’t they telling us about this particular conversation?
Because on the podcast they definitely make it sound like Susan just called Deroche out of the blue, and that that was the first discussion about the money. They read this letter on air to confirm — or prove — that, right? That was the setup, that Neil needed confirmation of what actually happened so he got Deroche to write the letter to sort it all out for us. But there’s something that they’re leaving out and I’m just curious as to what it is.
- Who are the related parties?
- How did they originally contact the foundation? Or did they just happen to come into contact with someone from the foundation?
- Susan’s “I ran into him on the beach” story seems implausible on its face, but then I remembered that around this time groups that included Susan and the Malibu team were doing events like searches and press conferences, so it’s not completely out of the question that she crossed paths with Deroche.
- Could Susan have meant that she ran into him at that big search party that Rosemarie organized where they were all together on the beach?
- Was Deroche there? (I have no idea.)
Either way, it seems clear that there was some sort of conversation before the phone call from Susan that everyone found so suspicious. (And does look really bad, especially when added to everything else about Susan and money. Nonetheless, something was left out of the story we got on the pod.)
The thing is, it probably doesn’t even matter. The call to the foundation is a very small and forgettable detail, anyway. The only reason I’m noticing it at all is because there’s this weird hole in what is meant to be extra added proof that Susan is being deceptive about getting money.
And Susan clearly is deceptive in many things. All kinds of things.